Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What are you carrying today?

It finally quit raining. For a couple days at least.
[Image: Image.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ironbutt's post:

Have some weed whacking to do, then I have to power wash the front porch. The annual Memorial Day Parade is this Saturday, and our front porch is usually packed with guests, because we're right in the center of all the festivities. We live in a pre Civil War village with a population of close to 50, but a Memorial Day Parade has been held here for the last 137 years, and hundreds of people come from all over the county. The town used to be much larger, but a fire in 1941 destroyed the entire town & all its businesses, except for four houses. Our house & three others right in the center of town.

The parade consists of local interest stuff, like the jr. high school band, some veteran's groups, fire trucks, tractors, people walking their dogs, etc. Even though the parade lasts about 20 or 30 minutes, max, the back road through the village is lined both sides with people from one end of town to the other. 

Anyway, I better get started.

(05-21-2024, 08:48 AM)Ironbutt Wrote:  Have some weed whacking to do, then I have to power wash the front porch. The annual Memorial Day Parade is this Saturday, and our front porch is usually packed with guests, because we're right in the center of all the festivities. We live in a pre Civil War village with a population of close to 50, but a Memorial Day Parade has been held here for the last 137 years, and hundreds of people come from all over the county. The town used to be much larger, but a fire in 1941 destroyed the entire town & all its businesses, except for four houses. Our house & three others right in the center of town.

The parade consists of local interest stuff, like the jr. high school band, some veteran's groups, fire trucks, tractors, people walking their dogs, etc. Even though the parade lasts about 20 or 30 minutes, max, the back road through the village is lined both sides with people from one end of town to the other. 

Sounds like some hard work getting ready but at least you have your trusty Buck Knife by your side!

"Always carry a knife with you, just in case there's cheesecake, or you need to stab someone in the throat."  ~General Mattis

(05-21-2024, 09:24 AM)RocketFoot Wrote:  
(05-21-2024, 08:48 AM)Ironbutt Wrote:  Have some weed whacking to do, then I have to power wash the front porch. The annual Memorial Day Parade is this Saturday, and our front porch is usually packed with guests, because we're right in the center of all the festivities. We live in a pre Civil War village with a population of close to 50, but a Memorial Day Parade has been held here for the last 137 years, and hundreds of people come from all over the county. The town used to be much larger, but a fire in 1941 destroyed the entire town & all its businesses, except for four houses. Our house & three others right in the center of town.

Sounds like some hard work getting ready but at least you have your trusty Buck Knife by your side!

It's not really hard, but it keeps me busy. I don't know how I got all this stuff done all those years when I was working, because I'm retired now, and can't seem to keep up at times.Smile

Carrying these two today.

[Image: Image-1.jpg]

Today's carry. A #18 Case stockman & Alox SAK Pioneer
[Image: Image-2.jpg]

The annual neighborhood pig roast is today. I'll have these, but if the pig's done correctly, they won't be needed.

I can't be the only one who carries a knife every day!

Anyway, here's today's carry. Buck 112 slim & SAK Pioneer.