Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What are you carrying today?

Carrying these again today. We've had a steady drizzle, with a few good showers occasionally, for the last three days, with a grand total of 2" of rain. I shouldn't complain. I guess it's better than 2" in one afternoon. Rain in the forecast for this afternoon.....and tomorrow.
[Image: Image.jpg]

(05-11-2024, 08:42 AM)Ironbutt Wrote:  Carrying these again today. We've had a steady drizzle, with a few good showers occasionally, for the last three days, with a grand total of 2" of rain. I shouldn't complain. I guess it's better than 2" in one afternoon. Rain in the forecast for this afternoon.....and tomorrow.

That is a nice combo for sure!

"Always carry a knife with you, just in case there's cheesecake, or you need to stab someone in the throat."  ~General Mattis

(05-11-2024, 08:51 AM)RocketFoot Wrote:  
(05-11-2024, 08:42 AM)Ironbutt Wrote:  Carrying these again today. We've had a steady drizzle, with a few good showers occasionally, for the last three days, with a grand total of 2" of rain. I shouldn't complain. I guess it's better than 2" in one afternoon. Rain in the forecast for this afternoon.....and tomorrow.

That is a nice combo for sure!

Thanks. I almost always carry an Alox SAK for tinkering & small stuff, and a larger folder for main cutting chores. That's what works best for me. The large one can be a modern folder, or one of the Bucks. The modern folders are more convenient sometimes, because of they're one handed opening, but the Bucks don't take up pocket space. And I find that in some cases, getting the Buck out of a belt pouch is less trouble than getting a modern folder out of my pocket.

Carrying this pair yesterday & today. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ironbutt's post:

It's raining.........Again!

Every time I see that Victorinox, it reminds me that I need to buy one...LOL!  I like the Fieldmaster version but I can't seem to find an Alox in that config!  Must have a Philips screw driver.

"Always carry a knife with you, just in case there's cheesecake, or you need to stab someone in the throat."  ~General Mattis

(05-15-2024, 11:37 AM)RocketFoot Wrote:  Every time I see that Victorinox, it reminds me that I need to buy one...LOL!  I like the Fieldmaster version but I can't seem to find an Alox in that config!  Must have a Philips screw driver.

The slightly rounded tip of the can opener can be used as a Phillips. Not quite as good as a Phillips, but close. I use it all the time.

I've been on a Buck kick lately. Once in a while I'll get a new knife, or decide to carry one of my older ones that don't get as much use as they should.  But one of my Chris Reeve knives always ends up back in my pocket.

I don't own a Chris Reeves knife yet...they look pretty solid!  I may have to pick one up someday!

(05-17-2024, 08:53 AM)RocketFoot Wrote:  I don't own a Chris Reeves knife yet...they look pretty solid!  I may have to pick one up someday!

I got my first one about 10 years ago, and have picked up three more since. Two of them were second hand. They're expensive, but I don't need any more guns so I can splurge a little bit on knives now. I think the CRK is one of the top of the line production knives available.