Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

One of my favorite folders

I know it’s an OEM, not actually made by Remington. I just don’t like Remington (I know, that sounds positively  un-American to some people). The Remington 700 was a great rifle, but I always liked my Ruger Mod. 77’s better. 

My uncle had Remington 1100 shotguns for decades and they were a constant headache. The number of times I saw his gun spread across the table in dozens of parts while he diagnosed a problem… He switched to an 11-87 without much more success. And those Remingtons were as heavy as lead. He loved them. I hated them. It left a sour taste for anything Remington.

But this knife…

[Image: IMG-5438.jpg]

One of the best bird knives I’ve ever had. Very good steel; the blade takes and holds a very good edge. The wing saw is great for cleaning pheasant and squirrel feet come off without a bit of effort. The choke tube wrench is sturdy and I’ve even used it a few times changing or tightening a choke tube in the field. (The disassembly pin is useful for an AR, but my Benelli and Browning shotguns don’t need their pins punched nearly as often as a Remington shotgun.)