Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I guess I am a new knife collector but not new to knives

I have to look for the knife blanks I want but have found them at Janzen, K&G, American Knife Maker and of all places Ebarf. There's a seller called EPrague? on there that has blanks by Ichiro Hattori and Takao Fukuta among others. I saw Kershaw 1007 Trooper blades by Hattori that were pre '80 (no fullers) and bought two. Also four Tak Fukuta full tang drop point blanks and a Junglee blank by fukuta. I bought the four drop points so my brother his two sons and myself would all have matching camp knives with our initals in morse code on the scales. Haven't done them yet but when it starts snowing....
   Not modern supersteels but quality nontheless by a couple of the best Japanese bladesmiths. They were from discontinued models that were never used. Some on that site are pretty rough so I had to carefully look at the pics to get what I wanted. None had the final edge ground but my worksharp took care of that in short order.
   Blade shape and grind profile are the more important to me than steel composition. As long as it will hold an edge for a decent while and isn't a bear to sharpen, Im good with it.

Messages In This Thread
I guess I am a new knife collector but not new to knives - by RocketFoot - 05-12-2024, 08:49 PM
RE: I guess I am a new knife collector but not new to knives - by Ironbutt - 05-13-2024, 09:19 AM
RE: I guess I am a new knife collector but not new to knives - by oldnretired1 - 08-15-2024, 03:03 AM
RE: I guess I am a new knife collector but not new to knives - by RocketFoot - 08-15-2024, 05:23 AM
RE: I guess I am a new knife collector but not new to knives - by oldnretired1 - 08-15-2024, 10:34 PM
srjdsmith - by srjdsmith - 08-15-2024, 10:58 PM