Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Paracord lanyard for the Demko AD20.5

I picked up a new lanyard for my Demko 20.5!  I wanted something a little more understated for this knife!

[Image: IMG-3727.jpg]

[Image: IMG-3728.jpg]

[Image: IMG-3729.jpg]

[Image: IMG-3730.jpg]

[Image: IMG-3731.jpg]

[Image: IMG-3732.jpg]

[Image: IMG-3733.jpg]

[Image: IMG-3734.jpg]

[Image: IMG-3735.jpg]

[Image: IMG-3736.jpg]

"Always carry a knife with you, just in case there's cheesecake, or you need to stab someone in the throat."  ~General Mattis

Nice looking lanyard. You might think about taking a bic lighter and melting the ends a little better so they don't fray. Just do it slowly and keep the end pointed straight up not getting the flame too close. It's no fun to get hot melted paracord on your fingers (Don't ask how I know LOL).

(08-22-2024, 10:40 PM)oldnretired1 Wrote:  Nice looking lanyard. You might think about taking a bic lighter and melting the ends a little better so they don't fray. Just do it slowly and keep the end pointed straight up not getting the flame too close. It's no fun to get hot melted paracord on your fingers (Don't ask how I know LOL).

Roger that!  I was looking for some little silver compression ferrules to add on the tails before I melt it fully but I might just leave it as is!

"Always carry a knife with you, just in case there's cheesecake, or you need to stab someone in the throat."  ~General Mattis

I practiced on some scrap pieces of cord. There's a slight learning curve involved. If you get it too hot too fast sometimes little annoying hard scratchy spots form if it catches on fire. Once I figured it out though I could melt them to a snooth round end that looks nice and not rough or scratchy.