Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

spOOkyse7en from Jerzee Devil here

Greetings,

Nice to find a rather new knife forum.

Any old Jerzee Devil members up in here? 

Anyway, thanks for having me. 

Cheers!

Built to ignore the completely arbitrary opinions of others. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes spOOkyse7en's post:

(08-13-2024, 01:07 AM)spOOkyse7en Wrote:  Greetings,

Nice to find a rather new knife forum.

Any old Jerzee Devil members up in here? 

Anyway, thanks for having me. 

Cheers!

Hey there!  Welcome aboard!  Yes, we are trying to get this thing off the ground but it is tough!  It's hard to spread the word without getting kicked out of every other decent knife site on the web, LOL!  We're hoping members help spread the word as much as possible!

I actually have never heard of Jerzee Devils?  What was it all about?

"Always carry a knife with you, just in case there's cheesecake, or you need to stab someone in the throat."  ~General Mattis

Jerzee Devil was hands down the best knife forum. I was a member for over a decade if I am not mistaken. 
There was a wealth of knowledge there. Especially regarding balisongs. 
There was also all kinds of bali drama which was quite fun. 
Additionally it was also a great place to buy and trade all kinds of knives. A lot of my collection came from there. 

The site was owned and run by Mr. Ron LaBella who was well known and quite respected by the old school knife community. 
He was a great guy to talk to for sure. Always had time. 

Sadly he passed away during covid and his son could not handle maintaining the site and would not sell it either so
it went offline. 

So much lost information.....

I see some similarities to your site. Glad you have a balisong section! 

[Image: G5G5cPI.jpg]

Built to ignore the completely arbitrary opinions of others. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes spOOkyse7en's post:

Wow, I had n ever heard of it!  When I got interested in knives, blade forums was the big player (and still is) but it is really hard to be a BF member...it has basically turned into an over moderated, pay to play site!  Free members are very limited in what they can do and say!  I have been pinged so many times for opening duplicate topics or opening topics that were too old, or posting about knife values or knives that are not paid manufacturers on the site...you just get afraid to post anything after a while!  I don't even want to get a paid membership because I could very well post the wrong thing and get banned in a heartbeat...no refunds!  So I started this little forum to give people an option to relax and have some fun with knives!  But it is slow going...BF dominates the search engine page rankings and we can barely break through!  To be clear, I don't have anything against BF as it is a great resource for knife info and buying secondary market blades but just don't dare go against the grain, LOL!

So that's our story and we're glad to have all new members!  If there is any suggestions to make the site better, please let me know!  I try to accommodate as much as possible!

"Always carry a knife with you, just in case there's cheesecake, or you need to stab someone in the throat."  ~General Mattis