Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Small game knife

Small game are… small. I never know which knife to carry. I don’t need 15 knives on my belt and, truth is, I probably won’t clean game until I get them home anyway. But I hate to leave a good knife behind.

There’s a small group that are my “first grab” choices, but the choices not pictured still call to me.

[Image: IMG-5372.jpg]

That Russell looks sweet!  The bottom one looks like a paring knife with a nice sheath.  Most of the better paring knives would be a good choice, light and inexpensive.  I have a couple victorinox paring knives and they're great knives but they stay in the kitchen. The old timer sharp finger is plenty good enough for dressing and skinning a deer.

I love the Russell. It’s a “pocket knife”. The one on the bottom is my favorite. It’s from a Gerber series. I have several others- I’ll post the series when I get a chance. It’s called “Pixie”. I have the same knife with the handle a bit longer and a scoop for cleaning trout. My main deer knife is the exact same shape, but on mega steroids called the “Big Hunter” and I have the skinner from the series called the “Flayer”.