Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Buck 112 Slim

This one came yesterday. Buck 112 Slim Select. 3" blade, and is a nice, light Summer carry at 2.6 oz. 
[Image: Image-2.jpg]

Nice!  I have been looking at a new Buck...can't decide on what model to get though!

"Always carry a knife with you, just in case there's cheesecake, or you need to stab someone in the throat."  ~General Mattis

As you can probably tell, I like my Buck knives. I've had a 110 folder for about 50 years. That one's seen a lot of stuff, and it's still going strong. Lately, I've been carrying the 112s alot. They're a little smaller than the 110. I'm partial to the traditional Bucks, but I like this one for it's lightweight. 

There's nothing fancy about Buck knives. They just work They have a lifetime warranty, and they're made in the US. Most models can be had in some of the newer steels, but the old 420HC stainless is cheaper, and while it may not hold an edge as long as the newer super steels, it's been doing a good job for years.

Yeah, I don't subscribe to all this supersteel stuff either!  Seems like every year there is something new and better and then everyone talks shit on the old versions even though they used to be good enough to carry a product line!  I don't hesitate to buy some of the alphabet steels and even D2.  I've never had any issues! 

The Buck 110 is a great choice and 1 I still don't have in my collection!  I may have to change that, LOL!

"Always carry a knife with you, just in case there's cheesecake, or you need to stab someone in the throat."  ~General Mattis