Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Budget Blades

What do you guys think about budget blades?  I'm talking about inexpensive knives...not counterfeits!  The thing is, a lot of budget knives may tend to copy other popular knives but I think there is a definite line that shouldn't be crossed.  A counterfeit is a knife that is basically cloned down to every detail in order to deceive a buyer, right down to the logo!  No one should knowingly support these illegal bastards! 

Now on the other hand, budget knives may look like your favorite brand name knives but they are the ones with their own names and logos...not trying to deceive anyone into thinking they are a brand name knife!  Some are actually even better than the name brand!  One name that I want to check out further is Ganzo knives from China.  They may look like some popular knives but they have mostly been updated with crossbar locks (which I absolutely love) and may have the same or better lock ups!  Ganzo's can be had for around $20-$30 on Amazon! 

So what do you guys think about clones (not counterfeits) and do you feel OK about buying and using them?  After seeing some of the top tier knives available out there...I don't see how much worse a clone could be as long as they use quality materials and have high quality control!  But, I don't know...it is a total opinion question!

"Always carry a knife with you, just in case there's cheesecake, or you need to stab someone in the throat."  ~General Mattis

I avoid them. Maybe, just maybe, the clone is as good as the Benchmade, or Spyderco, or whatever, but I'd rather just spend the extra bucks for the real thing. I don't waste money, but there are a few things I've learned NOT to skimp on: Boots, tires, toilet paper, and tools. A knife or gun is a tool for me.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ironbutt's post: