Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Alox SAKs

I always have one of these Alox SAKs in my pocket. The Alox have aluminium handles, and all of mine are of the two row variety, so they're slimmer than the SAKs with all the extra stuff that I never use. It makes them a bit more pocket friendly than the bigger red handled ones. You hardly know they're there. No matter which one is in my pocket, it gets used every day. 

The Pioneer has been in my pocket almost every day for two years.

[Image: Image-3.jpg]

This one is called the Electrician. It has a sheepsfoot blade that's pretty useful.
[Image: Image-4.jpg]

[Image: Image-2.jpg]

This one is the Cadet. It's slightly shorter than the other two & has a file. My wife never carried a knife before, but she likes this one & carries it. I had to get another.
[Image: Image-2.jpg]

I don't know how I got two pics of the Cadet, but........
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ironbutt's post:

I love the aluminum scales!  Might be time to pick up a new SAK!

"Always carry a knife with you, just in case there's cheesecake, or you need to stab someone in the throat."  ~General Mattis

(05-09-2024, 09:43 AM)RocketFoot Wrote:  I love the aluminum scales!  Might be time to pick up a new SAK!

Nothing at all wrong with the red handled ones. I have a few of them around here, but have been carrying the Alox ones for the last 10 years or so. I've never heard of anybody getting a bad Victorinox SAK. They've made millions & millions of knives over the years, and their quality control is excellent.

(05-09-2024, 09:52 AM)Ironbutt Wrote:  
(05-09-2024, 09:43 AM)RocketFoot Wrote:  I love the aluminum scales!  Might be time to pick up a new SAK!

Nothing at all wrong with the red handled ones. I have a few of them around here, but have been carrying the Alox ones for the last 10 years or so. I've never heard of anybody getting a bad Victorinox SAK. They've made millions & millions of knives over the years, and their quality control is excellent.

I have a white plastic one also...my son picked it up in Germany a few years ago!  They are great knives...value priced an sharp as hell!  Can go wrong with an SAK!

"Always carry a knife with you, just in case there's cheesecake, or you need to stab someone in the throat."  ~General Mattis